...Andie MacDowell, presiding...
In the quaint coastal town of Cedar Cove, Washington, stands a statue of which identity no one knows anymore (see, there was this fire a long time ago and, plus, the plaque had fallen off). Quirky activities are staged in Cedar Cove such as the Annual Seagull Calling Contest. Like clockwork folks gather at the pier to eyeball an odd fisherman's latest catch (it never seems to be fish).
And in the Cedar Cove Municipal Court, Judge Olivia Lockhart rules with no-nonsense toughness but also with the wisdom that comes with ingrained familiarity of her provincial community. The series follows her as she juggles her professional and personal lives. When she opts to take her time on ruling on an uncontested divorce, she ends up in the local paper. This bit of controversy threatens her bid for federal judgeship. Not that it matters. Even suckers like us know that this small-town judge isn't about to abandon her hometown bailiwick. Not with a new romance in the offing. Not with her...
Think I will enjoy watching
I have read quite a few of Debbie Macomber's books but I have not read this series. What I like about her books is the wholesomeness and telling a story without crudeness. They are usually sweet stories with happy endings but sometimes, that is what we need. We see enough violence, sex, disrespect, sadness, and crude language on tv and movies. The scenery is gorgeous and it was a pleasure to watch.
Cedar Cove
Enjoyed the book series and looking forward to watching the show. Loved the pilot! I want to live in this charming town.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment